-
April 12th, 2001, 11:19 PM
#1
Inactive Member
why not get a group of people together and
make a small company. i think it would be mint to allow every one experience. i am preparing to buy full real time non linear editing package. anyone else feel the same
-
April 13th, 2001, 01:27 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I feel the same way. Me and my friends just recently started our own team. After making a short movie or two we wanted to do something bigger. So we are. I am also saving up for a video capture card so I can edit vid's. Before, if we @*&$ed up, we had to reshoot the scene. Life is getting better.
-
April 22nd, 2001, 06:23 PM
#3
HB Forum Owner
My friends and I did exactly that when we set up Spare Time Films, for the purposes of shooting short films locally. After a bumpy start, we've now got our act together and have several projects in the pipeline.
-
April 22nd, 2001, 09:21 PM
#4
Inactive Member
what if you've got no mates with a serious enthusiasm for filmmaking? where does one find the people when stuck in Wales?
-
April 23rd, 2001, 04:21 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I too was faced with the same problem. I couldn't find anyone interested in the local area. I advertised on this very board and found someone not too far away. I then spotted someone else recently (ilpostino) and we're making progress already.
The other alternative is to try forming an internet-based group. This appears to be a trend at the moment (see robot wars and scrapheap challenge). Get a group together, go through pre-production via email and then get together to shoot.
Worth a thought.
-
April 24th, 2001, 03:13 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Ditto, apart from the Wales part.
-
April 24th, 2001, 11:13 AM
#7
Inactive Member
-
April 25th, 2001, 10:41 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Yeah I have started a production company, i mean its very tiny at the minute, i have done one film, which is a couple of festivals but apart from that I am hoping to get bigger.
I am actually looking for anyone enthusiatic, not complete professionals, but fellow students, 16-18yrs that want to make 8mm films and possibly get noticed any takers mail me on [email protected]
-
April 25th, 2001, 10:26 PM
#9
Inactive Member
whereabouts in wales, im from swansea myself.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks